TRAUMA INFORMED COUNSELOR
We need a counselor to provide trauma-focused services to victims of domestic and sexual violence and their families This includes individual and support group counseling in Chesterfield and Marlboro Counties. The primary work site is in Bennettsville.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required include:
- Comprehensive knowledge of socio-cultural dynamics of domestic violence and sexual assault victimization
- Experience working with victims of interpersonal violence: domestic or family violence; sexual assault; and adult survivors of child sexual abuse
- Experience in the provision of individual, group and family counseling for domestic violence and sexual assault victims, using a trauma-informed victim-centered best practice model
- Specialized training in trauma-informed counseling services
- Ability to provide in-service training on vicarious trauma and self-care for staff and other area service providers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, nights, and some weekends
- Bilingual skills are a plus
Advanced Degree in counseling, social work, or psychology required.
Email cover letter and resume to Penny Kight at [email protected] Available immediately.
VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR (Two Positions)
Pee Dee Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual Assault seeks individuals to recruit and place volunteers; provide community education on the issues; assist with special event planning and production; and resource development in the assigned service areas. Work areas for these grant-funded positions are:
- Assess need for volunteers in assigned county(ies) to include both direct and victim support services, community education and training.
- Implement existing policies and procedures for the recruitment, screening, placement, and evaluation of volunteers.
- Provide for formal and informal recognition of volunteers.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records.
- Enter all volunteer hours into database the first of each month.
- Maintain current job descriptions for all volunteer positions.
- Be familiar with all grant requirements regarding the utilization of volunteers and the documentation of volunteer hours.
- Community education through public speaking, media interviews, and attendance in community events
- Coordinate special projects and community-wide events
- Assist with Resource Development
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required include:
- Ability to interact well with diverse persons, organizations, and groups
- Possession of leadership, organization, management, and interpersonal skills
- Non-judgmental attitude
- Knowledge of socio-cultural dynamics of domestic violence and sexual assault victimization
- Ability to work effectively under stress
- Ability to organize and effectively manage multiple priorities
- Ability to efficiently manage time and resources
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage and/or supervise volunteers
- Accurate data entry skills
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, nights, and some weekends.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
Email cover letter and resume to Penny Kight at [email protected]
Start date for employment is immediate.
VICTIM ADVOCATES FOR HOSPITAL RESPONSE
- Must be at least 19 years of age
- Capable of providing direct and support services to victims of sexual assault in hospital emergency rooms in Florence
- Must have completed Pee Dee Coalition’s victim advocacy training
- Must have access to dependable cell phone throughout the shift
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be on call for night or weekend shifts
- Respond to emergency room within 30 minutes of receipt of call
- Provide face-to-face crisis counseling to victims in emergency room
- Provide information and referral to victims and their families
- Hold in confidence all organization and victim-related information
- Complete all necessary paperwork and submit the next business morning to the crisis center
- Serve as a representative of the Pee Dee Coalition with clients, other professionals and the general public
- Follow all Coalition policies and procedures for mobility response
- Submit an invoice for your services on a monthly basis to your supervisor for approval
COMPENSATION:$1 per hour for on-call; $8 an hour for actual response time in Emergency Room.
TO APPLY: Email cover letter and resume to Penny Kight at [email protected]
THERAPIST (4th Circuit Satellite)
Nonprofit Children’s Advocacy Center in Hartsville, South Carolina seeks Therapist to provide direct services to victims of abuse (children, youth, and their non-offending caregivers); crisis counseling and stabilization; assessment and evaluation of counseling needs; development of treatment plans with individualized goals and objectives; short and long-term therapy utilizing TF-CBT; abuse-focused behavioral therapy; family systems therapy; play therapy and art and/or music therapy.
Coordinate services with members of the multidisciplinary team; participate in any legal/judicial proceeding as may be required; referrals to other agencies and resources as deemed necessary; parent education including facilitation of psycho-educational groups; documentation of services and data entry according to agency/organization policies and procedures; maintain case files including treatment plans, monthly progress reports, case notes, telephone consultation and termination summaries; attend weekly supervision and clinical staff meetings and monthly multidisciplinary team meetings; prepare and present cases for clinical review and case staffing; receive Victim Service Provider certification in SC and maintain annual training hours; complete work in a timely and organized manner; follow ethical and legal mandates; interact with other professionals in a spirit of cooperation and mutual commitment to the mission of Durant Children’s Center; maintain current licensure and/or certifications.
Requirements: Advanced degree in guidance, counseling, or the social sciences field and one year post-master’s experience (excluding internships) is required for this position to include clinical practice specifically directed at providing trauma focused mental health counseling services to victims of abuse to include children and youth and their families. Licensure by the state of SC or ability to be licensed within six months. Must have a valid SC Driver’s License, must be proficient in MS Office. Must be able to travel to meetings in the community. Must successfully pass a background investigation. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work well in a team environment.
Preferred Qualifications: Licensure by the State of SC; Post-master’s experience and training in child abuse, domestic violence, trauma-focused cognitive behavioral therapy (TF-CBT), art/play therapy; treatment of complex trauma, past-traumatic stress disorder (PTSC); group psychotherapy; and support group facilitation; training in Parent Child Interactive Therapy; experience in court testimony and forensic interviewing.
The employer for this position is Pee Dee Mental Health, an agency of the SC Department of Mental Health. The work site is Durant Children’s Center’s 4th Circuit Satellite in Hartsville, SC. To apply, visit:
https://www.governmentjobs.com/jobs/1383809/human-services-coordinator-ii/agency/sc/applyCHILD AND FAMILY THERAPIST
POSITION OPEN FOR THE NEW BEGINNINGS TRANSITIONAL SHELTER
(Located in Wallace, SC, approximately 4 miles from Cheraw, SC)
Under the direct supervision of the New Beginnings Shelter Program Coordinator the Women’s Counselor shall be responsible for the provision of individual, group and family therapy services to shelter residents. Counselors must be trauma-informed and use this approach to treatment.
- Assess client needs and coordinate services as needed.
- Provide individual crisis and support group counseling for victims and their families.
- Provide or arrange for follow-up services to residents following shelter exit.
- Document all services in a timely manner and complete necessary reports as scheduled.
- Provide parenting groups to increase skills of mothers of children in the Shelter that sensitize mothers to the needs of their children and ways they can reduce children’s trauma.
- Represent Pee Dee Coalition and take an active part in related community task forces, committees, etc.
- Maintain current information on available services and know and maintain ongoing contact with referral sources.
COMMUNITY EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND AWARENESS
- Assist with the development of information and/or training materials.
- Provide community education and awareness on the issues of domestic violence and program services as assigned.
- Document all community education and training statistics and submit reports according to organizational policy.
- Actively disseminate brochures, crisis cards, and materials throughout the community.
- Assist with providing in-service trainings for professionals.
- Be familiar with grant goals and objectives and ensure compliance with required services and documentation.
- Adhere to all organizational policies and procedures as outlined in the Program Procedures Manual and Personnel Policies. Consult supervisor with questions.
- Participate in staff development trainings as indicated by supervisor. Summarize information and report accordingly.
- Perform administrative functions as appropriate for position and meet organizational deadlines as indicated.
REQUIREMENTS: a minimum of a Master’s Degree, in guidance, counseling, or the social sciences field and one year post-master’s experience (excluding internships) to include clinical practice specifically directed at providing trauma focused mental health counseling services to victims of domestic violence. Licensure by the state of SC or ability to be licensed within six months. Must have a valid SC Driver’s License, must be proficient in MS Office. Must be able to travel to meetings in the community. Must successfully pass a background investigation. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work well in a team environment.
CLASSIFICATION: This position is classified as Exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act and is therefore exempt from all overtime rules. Minimum hours per calendar week: 40.
To apply email cover letter and resume to Penny Kight at [email protected]