Pee Dee Coalition is a nonprofit volunteer organization dedicated to the reduction of sexual assault, family violence, and child abuse and to the needs of its victims.
Through the efforts of Pee Dee Coalition in its entirety, the region will be a safer, more compassionate community
It is the belief of the Pee Dee Coalition that the reduction of sexual assault, family violence, and child abuse is a community issue and concerns the total community – not only women and service providers – but also all who value the basic human desire to be free from physical threat and harm.
Pee Dee Coalition is a nonprofit volunteer organization that educates the community about interpersonal violence and provides services to victims of sexual assault, domestic violence, and child abuse.
Pee Dee Coalition was organized in 1986 and has expanded into seven Pee Dee counties including Florence, Darlington, Marion, Chesterfield, Marlboro, Dillon, and Williamsburg. Satellite Centers are located in each of these counties where services are available 24 hours a day.
2019 Key Accomplishments
- Continued expanding staff for more effective and comprehensive service delivery
- Purchased #2 Courthouse Square in Kingstree to serve as the Williamsburg County Satellite Crisis Center and began renovations
- Expanded medical services at Durant through the establishement of Pee Dee SANE- trained nurses who are on call to provide services at area hospitals
- Increased outreach to rural victims by identifying and securing space in rural communities for staff to meet with victims who are unable to travel to a Coalition service sites
- Increased access to self-defense training (Rape Aggression Defense) by training four additional facilitators
- Sponsored a regional training at Francis Marion University on Non-Fatal Strangulation
- Hosted our 7th Annual Breaking Free 5k/15k Race in October for Domestic Violence Awareness Month for over 100 runners
- Expanded services in Rural Florence County with the addition of Trauma Counselor/Advocate for the area(s)
- Received two donated classroom units and relocated to New Beginnings Shelter. After modifications are completed, the new units will become the Residents’ Services Building, enabling additional bedroom space at the Shelter
Notice of Non-discrimination
Pee Dee Coalition provides services to domestic violence and sexual assault victims regardless of race, age, color, national origin, sex, disability, or religion.
Pee Dee Coalition also provides community education and prevention programs and does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, age, color, national origin, disability, or sex.
If you believe you have been discriminated against in any way please contact the Pee Dee Coalition Support Services Director at 843-673-2002.