Community Victim Services
- 24-hour crisis intervention — local and toll-free access to crisis line
- Individual and group counseling
- Medical, legal, and criminal justice advocacy and accompaniment
- Information and referral
- Satellite Centers — county-based centers across the region to provide comprehensive onsite services to victims and their families
Alternatives to Violence (ATV)
An offender intervention program for the reduction of relationship violence offering assessment, 26-weekly group sessions, criminal/legal coordination, case tracking, referrals, community education, and training.
Emergency Safe Shelter (ESS)
- Anonymously-located facility for abused women and their children
- Accommodations for up to 25 women and children on a temporary basis
- Comprehensive realm of services
New Beginnings Transitional Shelter (NBTS)
- Long-term shelter for homeless formerly abused women and their children.
- Case management, counseling, information and referral services aimed to help women secure the skills and resources needed to be self-sufficient
ROAR – Reducing Our Assault Risk provides teens and young adults with practical ways for reducing one’s risk of victimization. Presentation topics include sexual assault, stalking, date rape, or violence.
RAD – Rape Aggression Defense is a program of realistic defense tactics for women. RAD teaches women and girls (12-years and over) prevention, risk reduction, and avoidance while progressing to the basics of self-defense. This system is dedicated to training women in self-defense against various types of assault by utilizing easy, effective, and proven techniques. RAD is designed to provide them with the knowledge to make educated decisions about resistance.
Prevent Child Abuse Pee Dee:
Talk About Touch and Stewards of Children
Talk About Touch is a school-based program that features classroom presentations for preschool and elementary-age children that offers age-appropriate activities, opportunities to practice skills, and parental involvement and teacher support.
Stewards of Children, a program of Darkness to Light, is an evidence-based prevention solution that increases knowledge, improves attitudes, and changes child protective behaviors; that it offers practical prevention training with a conversational, real-world approach.
Training and Education
- Community education presentations
- Educational materials distribution
- Community-wide Events
- In-service training for professionals and volunteers
- Recognition of annual focus months
- Legislative information and updates