Whether through the 24-hour crisis line, 1-800-273-1820, care at a shelter or one of our crisis centers across the region, or help for families at Durant Children’s Center, the Coalition brings caring volunteers, professional staff and donors together to reduce sexual assault, family violence and child abuse and to serve the needs of victims.
With as many ways to help as individuals who care enough to act, the most important thing may be simply to begin. The more you do, the more you learn, the better you will be prepared to serve with health, power, and grace. As you walk with Pee Dee Coalition, know that your partnership is urgently needed and deeply appreciated. Here are some ideas to help you begin.
- Become informed about the issues of sexual assault, family violence, and child abuse.
- Place information (posters and brochures) on your company bulletin board and employee or public areas (break rooms, restrooms, waiting areas).
- Invite someone from Pee Dee Coalition or Durant Children’s Center to speak to your group, business, or organization.
- Arrange training for your organization or staff.
- Become an active bystander. Learn how to intervene safely.
- Host your own Beyond the Locker Room Conversation with men and invite the leaders you know to engage with you in working to make the Pee Dee a safer and more compassionate community.
- Contribute your time and resources to victim response (Volunteer or Donate).